How can I make my multiplayer game more performant

Hi guys,

Current my project consist of running Phaser on front end with a headless version of Phaser running in the back end for physics simulation

I’m using a library called colyseus.js to sync the client and the server I want the game to be able to handle up to 50 players concurrently for a single session. Currently my approach can barely handle 6 players.

I’ve been doing some research for other libraries such as lance.gg but I haven’t found any good examples of it working with Phaser 3. Any suggestions on what multiplayer framework I can use with phaser for a large scale multiplayer game.

For reference my game is deployed at https://game-dungeonio-test.herokuapp.com/ open up more than 6 browsers and you can see how it becomes super slow.

Hi @PeterChou1,
You should profile the performance of the application on the server, if it has not already done so.
If you have the free plan of heroku and can not access to the metrics, to get the memory and cpu usage, from your dashboard open the console (+more) and enter the “top” command. Maybe this helps you to see the problem.