Is it possible to create playable ads with phaser?

I am new in phaser. I want to create HTML5 games using phaser3. My question is that is it possible to make playable ads after creating a game using Phaser3? If yes how can it possible? Please inform me that I will be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Of course Phaser would allow this as there is nothing in Phaser that prevents you from making an ad-sized, playable game.

The complication comes from everything else involved. First, the ad distribution network would need to support complex, executable Javascript. I am honestly not sure if many do.

But the big concern today is AdBlock and browsers themselves. As I am sure you are well aware, there has been an ongoing war for decades now over browser ads. AdBlock will prioritize blocking of the most aggressive ads and unfortunately a game ad would be classified as aggressive due to interactivity, resource usage and playing sound. Browsers have also tried to step-up their treating of auto-playing ads. Your game will definitely not start with any sound and may not even be allowed to start running at all until the user clicks on it. This could really hurt the game’s draw for users that will even see it who don’t instantly nuke it with AdBlock.

Game ads used to be big back in the prime of Flash but I think the general consensus now is that it isn’t worth the time to create for the results your ad will generate today because of these barriers. Today I think most advertisers prefer to just go with a banner with maybe some light animation because the return just isn’t there for developing full game ads.

Today, gaming’s place in advertising is being seen more in “native advertising”. This is where the user is drawn in to the game not as an ad in another page but as a game in its own page. The player comes for the game but then the game either has branding of the product being sold or in some other way the game mechanics relate to product awareness. Major brands like Pepsi and Monster Energy Drinks routinely will have games created where maybe a power-up is a branded energy drink or something else. Because this isn’t a browser ad in another page it doesn’t have to worry about AdBlock. Then perhaps after the player wins or loses the game will offer a coupon code to the player to save money buying the product.

This is really where you are seeing more traction for games in advertising today.

1 Like