Serious problem with Arcade Physics Collision

Hello! I’m back again with this question that’s becoming quite infamous in my opinion. I’m having trouble with Arcade Physics collisions. I have a wall made out of multiple bodies, and a player. If I push against this wall, I can catch the corner of a body in-between the seams of the wall, and not fall down. I’ve had this problem in Phaser 2, and I’ve made a video which demonstrates exactly this behavior. http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/28323-prevent-arcade-physics-bodies-from-overlapping/

I’m wondering if this time it’s preventable in the new Arcade Physics. I’ve played around with overlapBias and tileBias but it doesn’t seem to solve the issue.

I’m getting pretty desperate. So far I’m exploring adding an invisible floating body that will switch from left to right to “patch” the seams between the walls. I’m slightly concerned about the performance tradeoff of this, since every player and animal/enemy will have two bodies instead of one, but Arcade’s speed should hopefully cancel this out. I’m considering Impact physics but I’m not sure of its performance on low-end mobile devices. Particularly, the iPad 3 or even the iPhone 5.

You have to set body.checkCollision.* to false on each interior edge. Or use a tilemap.