Hidden Object Game tutorial

I am very new to html5 and phaser framework . I like build some kind of hidden object game. If anyone please direct me some tutorial or blueprint for making hidden object game with phaser 3. That would help me lot.

I’m very new to Phaser myself, but perhaps the following might help you get started. Load an image, and then place a simple transparent shape over the object you want users to find. Make the shape interactive so when users click it an event will be triggered.

Note that there may well be much better ways of doing this! This is the just the simplest I could think of off the top of my head.

Thanks rorywalsh for the quick reply … at least I can start up with your tiny explanation. Still, I will wait for some elaborated tutorial from others. Thanks again.

There is a pinned post specifically for tutorial requests. You could try posting there. However, whole game tutorials take a lot of time and effort. I think it might be unlikely to find something that exactly matches your needs.

I’d suggest following some general beginner tutorials to get used to Phaser. Then, try breaking your idea down into small parts, e.g:

Load a scene
Add an image to the scene
Add a lot of images to the scene
Position all the images correctly
Display a list of images to be found
Listen for clicks on images
Show some reward when a correct image is clicked
Etc

It’ll be easier to find tutorials matching a small part of the game. People here will be more able to help with specific questions too.

1 Like

Hi Desis,

Do you mean just finding a list of objects in a cluttered picture, or is there a more complex game you have in mind. I make a lot of tutorials about Phaser, and am curious as to what you have in mind.