How to dynamically create TextureAtlases from computer directory

i wonder how to create N count of textureAtlases from directory and save them into it. Can i do this via TS(JS) or it’s easier to use something else? Thanks)

Do you mean a method to pack textures into one file like Texture Packer

Not exactly, I need more “handcraft” decision. I just don’t know software or programming language that allow me to make a script that take N images and for each create another image(texture atlas) in the same directory with modified name. I want to cut images into puzzle pieces but i have a lot of them and i can’t to do it manually.

You can do it with Texture Packer by creating a texture atlas file with json just by dropping your folder into the software

I can’t because i need to modify(crop and add upper texture etc.) images with custom settings. There is no program that can solve it. I’m just wonder how can i do this.

It depends on the exact details of your project but I would use imagemagick for this.
I use Mac and Linux so i’d write a Bash script to loop over the files, create a new directory for each one and call imagemagick to crop it into new files.

Then you’d have several puzzle pieces in each new directory.

I think Texture Packer has command line tools you can use to pack each directory into a new texture atlas.

I’m sure there are many other ways as well but I hope that gives you an idea.

1 Like

Thanks for answer, i guess that Imagemagick can help me with it) I need a lot of stuff to learn about Imagemagick)