macOS Memory Leak/Render Lag

Hey guys, trying to trace down an elusive issue and would love some help. Ive got a simplified version of my Phaser game running on macOs Catalina 10.15.6 and in Chrome every handful of seconds I’m seeing an FPS drop. Sometimes down to ~ 7fps. As far as I can tell it doesn’t occur on Windows.

Its a multiplayer game so I’m using WebSockets to communicate with the server but I’m still seeing the issue without any significant network traffic. In other words I still see the frame rates drop regardless of network connectivity. The reason I mention macOS is because I have a hunch this may be a Catalina issue… but I need some sanity checking. Attached a video recording of the game, screenshot of the chrome profile, as well as heap snapshot. I can post a log of node memory usage as well if its helpful. Thanks anyone for taking a look! :two_hearts:

Deployed instance where I am seeing issues http://thesadlands-webpack.herokuapp.com/

Are you sure it’s a FPS issue and not a network(lag) issue?

Chrome has a built-in FPS meter (cmd+shift+p on console and type ‘fps meter’)
I tried your game and I saw a constant 60 fps, but i was able to notice the ‘lag’ that you mentioned on my Mac (i’m running mojave though).

The screenshots that you posted just show a regular app doing its thing. nothing atypical to me.