MatterJS Performance - are some collisions more performant than others?

I’ve been using Arcade Physic but am reaching the point where I’d really love to take advantage of some simple polygons for feedback on bullet collisions with my enemies. I was considering modifying Arcade collisions to meet my needs, but switching over to Matter might be simpler for me if I can still pull off my game performance-wise.

My question for anyone who knows a little more about the engine: is there significantly more overhead for ALL collision detection, or can I use it for simple cases and get away with fewer calculations? For example, I’ve got a LOT of bullets that can have very simple bodies, and few enemies with more complex bodies. In many cases, I only need to detect overlap and don’t need the collision point, normal vector, any of that. Does the library offer enough control over collisions to only calculate what I need and skip over the rest? Is a simple rotated rectangle going to be any more performant than a more complex or concave polygon?

I know that’s a bunch of questions in one, but the gist is, is it just the method of ALL calculations that gives Matter the increased overhead, or is it the COMPLEXITY of the individual calculations?

Just hesitant to make the switch in case the whole thing is a bad idea to begin with! Any tips are welcome!