Normal Maps with spritesheets (pre-phaser 3.5)

Hello!

So wanted to play a little with some possible light effects, after noticing sprites when added to the light2d pipline vanish (even when adding a normal map to the spritesheet (tho it looks like it dosnt accept an array of assets) I found: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/issues/3995

It looks like this has possibly been fixed as of phaser 3.5 (still in beta) however, Phaser 3.5 changes to much atm (the glow pipline plugin by rex no longer works due to the big changes)

so my question then comes back to 3.34 -> How do you get a normal map tied to your spritesheet? I saw something about a multatlas, but I can only find examples that use some json to set that up (via sprite packer), instead of just being able to pass it a frame width and height. Is that the only solution for now until Phaser 3.5?

I went ahead and loaded up phaser 3.5-beta-2 and while the sprite does indeed show now, its still not using the normal map.

EDIT 2: Spoke to soon, looks like it IS working, I jsut did not have a default light level set, playing with this more, But I might just move to 3.5 beta as I got a working version of Rex’s glow pipline

EDIT 3: So, while it appears sprites can now display while being attached to the light2d pipeline, and get color’ed…etc it still does not seem like the sprite is taking in t he normal map. I tried two version of the NM, one flat, and one a lot of hight. Both ended up with the same flat result with the light (while doing the same, with an image with a normal map, you can instantly tell … will play around some more in the morning, I might just be missing something at 4am.