[Phaser 3] Another version of Space Invaders

Hi all !. Lately, I’ve jumped into making some simple games with Phaser, just for fun. Created a repository to stash them all in one place.

In this post, I want to share the first one, “Invader”, yet another iteration of “Space Invaders” :slight_smile: .

Source code: GitHub Repository
Demo: Invader Demo

Some things I’ve tried in this game:

• Positional Sound: simply by changing the value of the ‘WebAudioSound.pan’ property, I could move the sound to the right or left.
  • Gamepad control
  • ‘Arcade.Body.directControl’: I’ve used this property to move the enemies without losing collision detection. When an enemy was hit, I would deactivate this property so that inertia and gravity could take effect.
  • ‘FX.ColorMatrix.desaturateLuminance()’: adds a touch of drama to the ‘game over’ screen.

Tools used:

• Graphics: Aseprite
  • Sound: MPC Beats and Audacity
  • Code: Visual Studio Code

Thanks for your time. I hope you like it.

6 Likes

I really like the animations, the background setting and the way you play by the enemies falling on you, trying to avoid them. It’s just not responsive.

Thank you for your feedback. I will take it into account.

1 Like

I really like the art style and how you made the game feel really unique by adding a unique twist on the classic game. The idea of having the ships collide with you when you shoot them down is really cool. Took me a second to realize I kept dying lol.

Thanks again for sharing, and for sharing the source code!

Thank you !!, I’m glad you liked it.

1 Like