Phaser Instant Games Tutorial Fails in Live Build

I’m not sure the devs at Phaser are aware of this, but the Phaser Instant Games Tutorial source code does not work on Facebook App. When using the code verbatim from the Phaser Instant Games Tutorial, my app force closes. In other words, I download the source, zip it, add fbapp-config.json, and send it up to the Facebook Server for a testing build. The only way it works is to set type to Phaser.CANVAS, which is weird because Instant Games are supposed to support WEBGL. It appears to force close after 20 seconds or so, which usually occurs during loading, but not always. I am using the Phaser Instant Games Tutorial source code with NO modifications, just uploading and testing like that. Also, I do have it set to WEBGL in the Settings section of Facebook Developer Console, if that makes a difference. Also, it should be noted that this only occurs in the Facebook App.
It works fine in Messenger and on Desktop. I have debugged and no error is thrown. Testing on a Galaxy S8.

This is located in boot scene. The only way to make it run is to use Phaser.CANVAS, it force closes on both Phaser.AUTO and Phaser.WEBGL.

FBInstant.initializeAsync().then(function() {

var config = {
        type: Phaser.AUTO,
        width: 800,
        height: 600,
        backgroundColor: '#222448',
        scene: [ Preloader, GameShare ]
    };

new Phaser.Game(config);

});

Seriously? No one at Phaser cares about the tutorial source code not working?