Problem with over/out events for two overlapping containers

Example: https://codepen.io/MrBrogley/pen/LYbVqJB

Usually the topmost item triggers the gameobject-over/out events. However in this case it looks like the order of the containers is inverse to the visual order: For over/out events, the red circle seems to be on top of the green.

I think this only happens with interactive containers, or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Just realized that the interactive circles without containers also have some problem: The hitbox of the yellow circle seems to be wrong.

:wave:

The input depth for the containers does seem wrong. In Phaser v3.24.1 it seems to work correctly, so maybe this is a bug.

It is a bug reported on github already.

This sounds a little different, though. Here is gid’s issue using empty containers.

The input depth for the containers does seem wrong. In Phaser v3.24.1 it seems to work correctly, so maybe this is a bug.

Interesting, I did just update recently. Maybe this is why I am noticing this problem now. Is it possible to set the input depth? I tried setDepth but it only affects the visual order.

It is a bug reported on github already.

I tried this fix out by applying it to my local phaser and rebuilding, and it works! So it really seems to be this bug that is the issue.

Is it already fix in Phaser v3.53.1 ?
I try this example but I’m still a little confused ,
when I click on the position where the red circle overlaps the green circle ,
first console is out c2 (green) & over c1 (red) ,
then I click the second time ,the console is out c1 (red) &over c2 (green) ,
Shouldn’t it always be the same as first one ?