Recommended Multiplayer Physics

Hello, I’ve recently began using Phaser and I gotta say, it’s amazing

I’m planning for my next project, which is going to be multiplayer.

I’ve been reading the documentation and lots of threads about the best way to implement this. I’ve quickly ruled out using Headless mode, because it’s clearly not meant for multiplayer games.

I looked into Matterjs, which also doesn’t seem like a good fit for multiplayer games. What’s the best way to make a multiplayer game, without making my own makeshift Physics engine.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I’m making a multiplayer game with physics and I did some tricks.
I set the y and x of the player to the other player and whenever it jumped I did setInterval and had it send the y and x until it touched the ground. I currently have my repo set to private but if you give me your github account I can send you an invite.

Well, I’ve made a Multiplayer Game with Some Tricks too, but for my next project, it has to be more complex, like different shapes, velocities, constraints, etc.

I think attempting to handle that myself would be very time consuming and painful.

Hi,
My current game uses matter with serverside physics. I run phaser headless in a node js se. Is working quite well (at least if there are only few parallel games running).

Clients only send keystrokes to Server. Server Händlers all movement, collision and Timing. I use it with Socket.io

Currently running in closed beta (See my showroom Post for ragecage)

Also try arcade-physics instead of running an entire Phaser instance on the server.

I Must use matter. I have complex forms from physisc Editor… :grinning:

I’ve been using @yannick’s arcade-physics and it works great for me.

I just made a step-by-step tutorial for making a multiplayer platformer using arcade-physics for the backend: Platformer Tutorial

1 Like