Scene management help

Hello, I think I am missing some concepts behind scenes and was wondering if someone can help.

What I was looking for was having 2 scenes a menu (logged out) and main (logged in), and switch back and forth between them. It seems like audio, plugins, and other assets might still exist after starting and stopping them. What I was wanting was for these 2 scenes to start from scratch each time I start them. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this.

Atm, I made a shutdown method for each scene to call before switching to stop the audio from playing, but maybe I am doing this wrong. I was also running into issues doing this as well, and it felt like I might be missing some concepts on when to use scenes and how to change them.

The other thought I had was just use some kind of flag and layers to show my menu when I need it.

When you stop (shutdown) a scene all of its game objects disappear and all of its plugins stop.

The Sound Manager is a global plugin so it’s always running. The asset caches (textures, sounds, etc.) are also global so anything you’ve loaded is still there.

https://github.com/samme/phaser3-faq/wiki#how-do-scenes-work

The scenes guides (Dev Logs) linked there are helpful.