(Tutorial) How we migrated Sunny Land Woods demo to Phaser 3 with Phaser Editor

Hi,

We wrote a new Phaser Editor 2D tutorial to show the new features of the Scene Editor.

Create tilemaps (that are not yet supported) and resuable objects, are something of the magic you can do with the standard Phaser Object Factory API that we integrated into the editor.

Table of Contents

Best regards,

Arian

P.S: Phaser Editor 2D is developed by an independent team. It is not a Phaser official product.

5 Likes

Does Phaser Editor have autocompletion for the matter property attached to the main Phaser object (e.g. - the “this” object when in one of the scene functions)? My Phaser 3 app uses the MatterJS physics engine.

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, it supports Matter auto-completion, but you have to copy the matter.d.ts file in the typings folder. It works just like VS Code. You can get the matter.d.ts file from the Phaser repo, in the types folder.

In the future, we should add the option to include the Phaser “types” files in the Project wizard. It would be great if you open an issue to request it.

Best regards,
Arian

Hey!

I know this thread is old, but I noticed that there is noticeable texture bleeding on the tiles when jumping, at least on my machine (linux). Is there any setting we can adjust to fix that or is something related to how the textures were generated (or maybe to the OS I’m running the project on)?

Hi @glantucan,

What’s your browser? Is it Firefox? Please, try with Chrome. Other users reported the same issue but I don’t find any problem with the code generated with Phaser Editor. Maybe it should be reported to the Phaser team.

It is with the last version of chrome. It only shows up when jumping.

It’s actually worst than what this video shows

Yes it is the same effect I see in Firefox. Maybe it has to be with the graphic card. I will get a time to mess around that example, to see if I found the source of the glitches. Thanks for the video.

By the way. In Chrome I cannot reproduce it, but if in Firefox you configure the game to use the WEBGL renderer then it looks really bad:

I filled the tileset image with a yellow color and I can see there is “blending” in the edges of the tiles:

Later I will try to create a small game with the same behavior and, if it is a Phaser problem I will post it in the Phaser github.