Hello i’m having a problem with my project as it’s having a large performance hit when run on ios webgl.
i’ve already asked around in discord and getting many good answer like below
Optimization Practices (webgl / phaser)
- learn more about batch render call to reduce draw call
- using spector js to investigate draw call and frame buffer
- using bitmap text for lighter renderring
- preparing build that could handle canvas render mode
now what im trying to do is to find out the difference between webgl and canvas and/ or steps
to optimize web gl
below are stuff i know that have partial support within phaser based on it’s render mode
- tint not supported in canvas
- bitmap masking not supported in canvas.
- render pipeline is feature limited to webgl
- blend mode option in webgl is more limited compared to canvas blend mode
- 4 corner alpha value is not available in canvas
i would be really grateful if i can get any help to add / correct my knowledege so far