What is scene?

Good evening / morning everyone.

I want to make a presentation about HTML5 Game Development and introduce Phaser 3 to those, who have never heard or used it before. Even tho I have 2yrs of experience with Phaser 3, I would like to get some more information on what is Scene, so I can introduce it properly. The information I’m looking for is the definition of scene, what it contains and the scene manager. I mean, I understand the what they are, but I would like to see something written (if there is), so I can prepare my speech better. In PIXIjs all the major components are described here. Is there anything like that for Phaser, cuz I googled and couldn’t seem to find.

Thanks beforehand

Devlogs 119 and 121 are still a good introduction.

The Scene Manager is what’s actually hooked to the core game loop. For each game step it updates active scenes and renders visible scenes.

Scenes are independent units or “worlds”. They contain their own display and update lists (for game objects), cameras, events, input handlers, physics, timers, and tweens. A scene display list is similar to PIXI’s scene graph. The rendering is actually done by each camera going through the display list. Scenes have a life cycle (start, stop, pause, resume, sleep, wake).