I’m now calling the dialog modal “on Game Over” of the tutorial game. The dialog modal is created as a plugin in an external file and called with an “init” function. The code is working so far, but I would like to know how I might implement a call to a mongoDB Atlas connection.
I have the phaser game running on localhost via an express server. I have a successful connection to mongoDB Atlas running in the express app and can find / serve mongoDB objects.
I would like to be able to make a call to the DB collection and display the message from DB in my message modal. The idea is to show a quiz question, which allows the player to prolong their game.
Right now I’m unsure how to execute an async await function within the constructor of the dialog modal. Whenever I introduce async, the game fails on me. Do you have any ideas or resources? I would really appreciate it.
- Running phaser 3 tutorial game via express server
- I have a good connection to a mongoDB Atlas collection using mongoose
- I am calling a message modal “on Game Over” of the tutorial game
- I would like to fill the message modal with a quiz question from mongoDB
- Whenever I try to implement async functions, the game fails on me
- I am looking for direct support or resources, if you can help