Endless world

I want to create an endless world (tilemap) in Phaser but I’m not sure how to go about it. I want to consistently append the same tileset. An example would be gameofbombs.com. Take a look at my screenshot… There’s a tilemap that repeats or gets appended. Both the tilemap and the actions (player, bombs, etc.) are also carried over. I want to have it exactly like that. I don’t know what that’s called. Maybe someone has an idea?

Unbenannt-2

2 Likes

I think this could be done with 3 extra cameras.

1 Like

I had already thought about that. But how should that work? I created the red lines to illustrate that it is only one tilemap. The player is always in the center, and the camera follows the player. There are no walls; the same tilemap, including actions (player, bombs, etc.), is seamlessly appended.

2 Likes

Thank you for your work. This is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it has a small bug. Do you know what could be causing it? Set width and height to 1500px.While moving, there are significant black renders.

The map in the example is only 1280×1280, so there’s nothing to render outside of that.