How are render textures culled?

I need to know this for performance reasons. Let’s say we have any amount of render textures being drawn (in a grid) to another render texture. Will the render texture that are organized in a grid that are being drawn to another render textures get culled or will only main render texture get culled?

Also if the first instance isn’t the case, would it be faster to render just a bunch of render textures in a grid (and maybe use like a double indexed array to cull them yourself) or to just use one big render texture?

Why am I asking this? Well I am making a space game with cells (I do the culling myself) and I need to know if it’s faster to just render one render texture per cell or to make each cell contain a grid of render textures (or to make each cell inside a grid a grid of cells and inside each cell of that a grid of cells (hopefully I explained that correctly)) That’s my real question.

Basically I’m asking what would be the fastest?

I don’t quite understand :slight_smile: but I’d guess you should use render texture per cell, as long as it’s a reasonable size.

Phaser doesn’t cull display objects at all, that’s up to you to implement.

Yeah I’ll do that.

What are display objects? Are you talking about render textures?

I mean displayable game objects.

What does that mean though? Are you talking about game objects that can be added to the display list?

Sorry for so many questions, I’m kinda confused about what you mean by displayable game objects.

Can you list examples of some displayable game objects?

Game objects that can be rendered.

But I don’t understand what you mean by render textures getting culled, so I’m confused too.