Layer and Rendering Question

Hi all, im new to phaser but i have experience in javascript and i cant find answers about one thing so if someone is willing to explain to me i would be really grateful.

I want to replace my game that i started working on and use only phaser.

I have experience in while working on some big game maps to save as much as i can processes and usually, i add multiple layers, multiple canvases and draw static images like background only once and then i update only canvas where is animation etc in order to make game fast and save memory.

I saw that phaser have layers and things like that but how is that working here? I know phaser is ultra fast but should i worry about memory and divide in multiple canvas or phaser have build in option for that so i dont have to worry?

I will have really big and details backgrounds because its rpg game (im not using tilemap just backgrounds around 8000x8000px and its not pixelart).

Thanks.

:wave:

I wouldn’t try anything really complicated unless you’re seeing performance problems. And Phaser will do all the rendering.

8000 × 8000 is pretty big, though. You could use a Blitter to display tiles, and cull them.

1 Like

Thanks.
Right now i tested just basic background map render, moving with player, collision, and its working fine, i didnt notice any performance drop or any lag. I think i dont even need layering system, but i will follow and test more. Im using nwjs chromium because its going to be pc game, not a mobile or browser and its working perfectly.

I was using my custom code and it was also working good even without layers so i think that phaser will do even more!