How to create cutscenes?

I want to create movies, but not using video editors like Wondershare Filmora. I can create movies using game engines like Unity. How can I create movies with Phaser 3? It’s the same way to create cutscenes for games.

I’m pretty much interested on this as well.

I was confronted with the same problem in my topdown adventure, so I wrote a whole EventManager class to trigger different events. For example change direction of the player, make the player step, make NPC spawn, make NPC step, start dialog and so on… It’s hell of a code… so if there is any easier solution, I would be glad to know :smiley:

I had created some plugins for this case. The latest one is Text player, which can control text typing, character animation, and sprites, sounds, camera. Embedded control instructions into a single text string.

Another one is CSV-Scenario, which is csv-string based (i.e. can edit instructions on excel, or google document),

Last, the simplest one, Sequence, instructions are in an function-name, parameters array. Sequence plugin will listen ‘complete’ event, if returns an event emitter.

1 Like