Issue with Phaser 3 ios cordova app

Guys, I have compiled my Phaser 3 game with cordova and have been testing it on a device. The issue I face is that as soon as I hit home button to minimize the game, it crashes after a few seconds. The game was compiled using XCode 10.1 and cordova is latest version. Though it seems more like a cordova and ios issue, it could very well be something missing in Phaser. I am wondering if someone has been successful in compiling and getting the app published with Phaser 3. Though I had been using few plugins for audio, sharing and admob features, I have tested by removing all plugins with bare minimum whitelist plugin which gets added by default and it still crashes.
The error I receive is as following

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Subtype: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000001
VM Region Info: 0x1 is not in any region. Bytes before following region: 4314808319
REGION TYPE START - END [ VSIZE] PRT/MAX SHRMOD REGION DETAIL
UNUSED SPACE AT START

I have gone through all documented steps to symbolicate crash logs (which also fails for some reason) and try to find the exact reason but have no success so far. Trying to pick some brain in right direction. CocoonJS is dead and Phonegap build is outdated. Doesn’t seem like there is still much interest in pushing HTML5 games to ios.

Hi.

I successed to make a phaser 3 game with cordova and published to android, ios in waiting to approve but will success.

i think you should make a phaser 3 game in html website page first then put it’s to another platform.
And i’m sure the error you got not from phaser.
maybe you config wrong somewhere.

I still think mini game using html5 is great.

Regards.

Thank you, I have already compiled and published the game for Android and have not faced any issue at all. Compiling same game for iOS also has no issue but running the game on actual device crashes every time it goes to run in the background. It could be some config issue but I am not sure what it is. Do you have a template for config file which I can look at? I am trying to find what do I have in my config file or what am I missing?

ah.

i have some issue like that with some of clone game :smiley:

every time you close the game and come back the game restart.
but if you open multitasking and come back to game then it’s will resume like normal.

but it’s never happen to the game i make from start. only some game i’m clone from another site.
that could happen because some js check state like pause and resume.
Some say it’s because splash screen or require full screen option of xcode.

well i still don’t found out why :smiley:
will post update if i have an answer.

Regard.

I had similar issue of game restarting on some Samsung Android devices which allowed for split screen fuctionality and could run multiple apps at the same time. Every time someone tried to change the mode from single screen to split screen or vice versa, the game will restart. The game has multiple scenes and every time it restarted with main menu so I did a hack for those. Saved current screen state in local cache which will allow for jumping directly to last opened screen so even though the game restarted, the user will see the same screen he was on earlier. The same hack can work for iOS as well but I don’t like crash logs filling my iphone when I test it on the device. Moreover, I am sure the app will be rejected by the Apple as a few users have complained that their app was rejected for EXC_BAD_ACCESS error which is what I see for my app as well. Let me know if you come across anything. Much appreciated.

Thanks, my previous comment seems to have been lost in spam filter for some reason. Let me know if you come to know about anything,

Hello friend, I am trying to add the ios platform with cordova but when I create the file to view it in Xcode it does not give me an image, only the music is heard.