Phaser 2 translation to Phaser 3 -- container sprite inside a container

In a Phaser 2 project I had a prefab called Tile as a Sprite – the sprite consisted of a tile image, and then based on the state of the tile other things could be on it (monsters, treasure, indicators). I did that using the child objects of the sprite. This allowed the sprite to move around as a group. Then I had tiles group, that contained all the tiles on the Board. What was nice about this is I was able to shift the tiles along the x and y access and rotate the set of tiles while keeping the rest of the ui un-rotated. A nice added bonus was that the tiles were still relative to each other, that is if tile A was north of tile B (decrease y, x stable) even though the tiles were rotated you would still move along the “Y” access,

Now to my question: How do I do this with Phaser3. My prefab tile I needed to turn into a container so that all the elements of a Tile can live together and be drawn together. However, I have read and witness you can not add a Container to a Container called Board. So what is the Phaser 3 equivalent. It also seems that I can’t give a group x,y and rotation in Phaser 3 is that correct?

You can nest containers.