Pixel art game -> scale items or scale

Hi,

I’ve been following Samme’s suggestion for my pixel-art project (full topic - or see quote below for the essential game config bit).

Adding render.pixelArt: true gives the expect result on any screen size and ratio.

But then, rotating the sprites causes a lot of artifacts - obviously. Looking for an elegant way to solve this without manually painting all desired angles of sprites and animations to rotate.

With the engine I used before Phaser, the “trick” was to increase the resolution of the game and add a scale factor to the objects. I call it a “trick” since it implies scaling world coordinates, , speed factors, masses, moving platform paths, etc.
Saving the progress of a level also involves multiplying / dividing the values when creating/serializing the objects according to that global scale factor. I’m not qualified to judge how much that’s a clean solution - or whether those practices should be buried with my former engine :slight_smile:

Please let me know if you think/know of a clean way to handle rendering higher resolutions and scaling up objects without having to include a scale factor in about every aspect of the game.

Thanks!