Plugin leaderboard error

Hello there :slight_smile:

I don’t know why but the leaderboard plugin display an error :

the doc link is here :

https://rexrainbow.github.io/phaser3-rex-notes/docs/site/firebase-leaderboard/

dbRef = firebase.database().ref();
        database =  firebase.database();

var userList    = this.plugins.get('rexfirebaseplugin').add.onlineUserList(firebaseConfig);//no error

var leaderBoard = this.plugins.get('rexfirebaseplugin').add.leaderBoard(firebaseConfig);//error

my firebase database works fine, but i don’t know why my plugin don’t see the connexion…

in the preload, i load the plugin like this :

this.load.plugin('rexfirebaseplugin', 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rexrainbow/phaser3-rex-notes/master/dist/rexfirebaseplugin.min.js', true);

any help please ?

thx

Live demo of firebase-leaderboard,

Client code of firebase does not include in plugin, you have to import them manually,
See Add Firebase SDKs section, and leaderboard uses firestore

1 Like

thx a lot, your link is very useful, i’ll try it and i’ll be back :slight_smile:

thx you are really fast !!!

Moneo

ok i added the lines to the lib, but now, with this :

var firebaseConfig = {
            apiKey: "AIzaSyCbHGEAhnqMtcJbpYU9jdjqc75bnGO23-Y",
            authDomain: "wanted-314813.firebaseapp.com",
            databaseURL: "https://wanted-314813-default-rtdb.europe-west1.firebasedatabase.app",
            projectId: "wanted-314813",
            storageBucket: "wanted-314813.appspot.com",
            messagingSenderId: "348028017682",
            appId: "1:348028017682:web:3d771c865cd77e62c00ccb"
        };
        // Initialize Firebase
        if( firebaseApp == null )
            firebaseApp = firebase.initializeApp(firebaseConfig);

dbRef = firebase.database().ref();
        database =  firebase.database();

var leaderBoard = this.plugins.get('rexfirebaseplugin').add.leaderBoard(firebaseConfig);

i have that :

i don’t understand why, my firebase works well, i do some update/insert of users and it’s works perfectly… any help again please ? :smiley:

firebaseConfig is used in firebase.initializeApp() method, not for leaderBoard plugin, see that demo line 12-16

thx, i believe i don’t understand the plugin :

I thought it will help me to display the score of my users in the Realtime Database : but it use firestore database,

It’s hard to switch ? which is better ? realtime or firestore ? i save the user of my appli in the realtime Database, and i update the score of the users in the realtime… i shouldn’t ?

thx ! - sorry i’m a newby, i usually code with laravel or symfony and mysql ^^

Firebase has better response time. Firestore has better querying features.
I use Firestore in my leaderboard plugin because that it does not have to listen the score updating in real-time. Leaderboard sends a request then get result data back like normal database.
Real-time updating score board is not included in my current leaderboard plugin.

1 Like

nice thx rexrainbow, it’s clearer in my head now :slight_smile:

i begin to understand ^^

++