Convert your Phaser game to a native mobile app online

Hi,

In the past, I was using Intel XDK, PhoneGap Build, and Cocoonjs to build a native app.
But now, all these 3 solutions are gone.

Nowadays, you have to choose between Capacitor and Cordova.
Cordova is easy to use, as it just needs one config.xml file.
Capacitor is more modern, but you have to deal with, at least some, native code.

Why not combine the simplicity of Cordova’s config.xml and the modern Capacitor into one package that compiles in the cloud?

Well, that’s what I’m about to do. Please have a look:

Hope you :heart: it!

12 Likes

TODO:

1. Android (release) and iOS (ad-hoc, store) builds are ready very soon.
    (update: is now ready)

2. Next, I will implement a easy way to install plugins.

3. Building the app from the cli would also be awesome.

2 Likes

Wow, awesome!

1 Like

I love Enable3D

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you both like it.

Yes, enable3d is awesome! I love it as well :slight_smile:

I just published a simple template to get started converting your html5 project to an android/ios app:

Plugins? Halfway there:

2 Likes

Really cool demo!! Thanks for sharing this out. Scaffolding out a quick poc with this can be made super quick. Also nicely bridges a gap for those more familiar with a raw web development environments vs the current framework/library rich trend.

1 Like

Read about privacy and security.

New domain name: https://html2app.dev/

2 Likes

Update:

I’m working on a complete online iOS workflow.

Getting your devices UDID, settings up certificates, installing ad-hoc app on your device and publishing it to the app store. All without the need of a mac, directly in the browser!

1 Like

That’s amazing @yannick ! I will use it for sure! :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Capacitor creator here. If you want to make it easier to automate configuration (say, of AndroidManifest.xml) you can now use a tool we built called Trapeze to do that. It’s similar to config.xml in Cordova but more powerful and more explicit (you only modify the project when you want to and you can see all the changes that will be made before you make them): trapeze.dev

Hi @maxlynch,

I’m well aware of trapeze. Actually we spoke before in #67.

At this moment, I’m still using @capacitor/configure (predecessor of trapeze). html2app uses a fancy wrapper around @capacitor/configure, to make it easily work in a ci/cd pipeline.

Btw, great work on configure and trapeze. Really like this declarative configuration for building mobile apps. :star_struck:

I just opened a discussions area on github to ask more specific question about html2app:
https://github.com/html2app/discussions/discussions

1 Like

The latest bugs have been fixed and the pipeline is working again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just added a nice example on how to add a simple capacitor plugin:
https://html2app.dev/#examples

Video about how to create an Android Release build:

Building the app from the cli would also be awesome.
Hello, yes please, I’m not confident about uploading personal data onto webservices, not doubting you directly but your server or security can be compromised even if you are careful, so I would prefer a way to bundle the apps locally.

Well I would argue it is very safe. Your credentials are encrypted and only YOU have the encryption keys. Also the credentials are only decrypted in-memory.

About your personal information. There are no personal information stored at all. The only way to identify yourself is a hash of your github account number.

About a potential CLI tool: It would still upload your data and build the app on the server.