Spinny Bird

Hello everyone, I’ve been a Phaser user and forum lurker for years but I finally have something to share so figured I’d register and show you my new game! It’s my first Phaser project, made with Phaser 2 since I started working on it before Phaser 3 existed :slight_smile: It’s called “Spinny Bird” and it’s a free web game so you can play it right here: http://spinnybird.com

Spinny Bird is a simple one-button game where the goal is to pick up as much fruit as you can. There are two game modes:

• Endless: avoid the spikes while picking up as much fruit as you can and see how far you can go.
  • Blitz: you have 60 seconds to pick up as much fruit as you can. There are no obstacles, only fruit!

To play, you simply click the > button or press the spacebar on your keyboard to fly forward. When you aren’t flying, your character will spin around. As you collect more fruit, your character’s energy level rises and causes it to spin and fly faster. It sounds simple but it can be very difficult!

You can unlock more characters by getting high scores in endless mode, at 25, 50, and 100 points.

(I know the UI is a mess, this was originally intended to be a mobile game and I never got around to improving the UI. Someday if I can come back to this project I hope to change it! For now I have a couple other projects I want to do.)

Feedback, high scores, etc. are appreciated! Let me know :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very nice! Just played for a couple minutes and got 5 :slight_smile: I love the artwork on it :+1:

@Montoya Love the Game. It was just the right blend of crazy and cool. Great job on the work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks @bradydowling @masterwithme!

great job!

Simple and lots of fun. I like the art as well, great job!

Very nice game! :smiley: