Request for feedback

Hi all,

I’ve recently started learning game development with Phaser and have tried creating a few games. Would love to get some feedback for my work.

Links:

1 Like

Good start. Actually creating playable games is quite rare :slight_smile: Most new devs have big ideas, but get discouraged and keep starting new ones…

My honest feedback (you asked for it):

Your font choices are uh, questionable. Especially the game page and Hangman are hard to read.
Fluffy bird needs in game score, and the pipes need to enter smoothly.
Hangman should show the wrong guesses.
Lights Out, I’m not sure how to win, I guess it’s just score as much as possible in 30 secs? I looked at the code, and you have 12 identical gameStates. That needs a rewrite :slight_smile: What if you have a 100 rooms…
Virus Dodge could do with better collision detection.

Still, that’s mostly cosmetic. Maybe try a pong or match3 now…

1 Like

Looks promising!

As Milton said, an in-game score function coupled with an increased speed over time for Fluffy Bird would be a good idea.
Virus Dodge is pretty hardcore, maybe lower the difficulty a bit (there’s a lot going on right from the start and some sprites are overlapping). Why not adding a vaccine that would cure or decrease the player’s infection rate?

1 Like

Possible you’ve finished more games than I have now. :trophy:

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot for taking out the time to review my work.
You’ve given me some very helpful pointers.
Much appreciated! :grin:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Preventing sprite overlap and gradually increasing game difficulty is definitely something I need to explore. And I really like the vaccine idea.

Very grateful for your input :grin:

1 Like