Is it possible to make my game in Phaser?

So… I’ve been constructing something quite ambitious over the past few months. Most* of the assets and systems will be 2D. But others like the world’s geometry, luminescence, and character models will need to be 3D (maybe the blocks that occupy that grid geometry too, idk yet). I think the sheer complexity and scale of this concept makes it unorthodox in the web game realm. But that’s also why I want to do it anyway, because I think it’s the future. It will easily take thousands of hours to build. And will likely be a life-long investment for me. I am motivated by passion, and it will be free, licensed under public domain.

Phaser is a 2D engine from my understanding, at least predominantly. I see a blog post from Mr. Cool Dev guy

https://www.patreon.com/posts/38745182

Which suggests the new native 3D systems won’t* have a lot of the fancy doo dads of most 3D frameworks. Implying that most 3D games are intended to be simple and fast. Well, my game will be fast because I’m going to optimize it to the sun… But, it’s anything but simple. It might be one of the most ambitious HTML5 games ever devised. I think that pretty much any and all 3D tools (like global lumination and shadows) might be under consideration, if not imperative. As well as the fancy tricks.

Babylon and Three have been mentioned numerous times in parallel with Phaser, to achieve 3D results. I like everything about Phaser for 2D use. I worry about the technical barriers here, though. Can I really build some crazy sophisticated 3D character modeling system in Phaser using those frameworks? Would it be even remotely intuitive? Can I create a global lumination system which doesn’t destroy the performance? Can I generate a true 3D geometric world on a massive scale?