Looking for advice for using TEXT in Phaser

Hi, what you are using for phaser text? I notice that if I want to use classic phaser text it is too blurry and I cant use too small text, especially if my game is the pixel art style, then the text is too big, 16px text is too big for 640x360 resolution. Bitmap text is nice and you can scale it nice but it is also too big if you want to keep readability for big chunks of text. HTML text is easy and nice but I notice that for some reason it is not the same on all devices in size, especially on android, and rendered text is much more reliable to show everything the same on each device.

How do you approach and use text for your games and keep text readability? Do I need to find some small size bitmask font? How big font usually is used in pixel art games? Do you have any advice on how to approach this?

Should be some small bitmap fonts, 9px or even smaller.

2 Likes

do I need to specify .xml file in bitmap font because the most bitmap fonts i saw on google doesn’t give you one, but in phaser in all examples, there is always .xml file?

For Phaser you need an image and a metadata file (FNT/XML). Usually you need to make these yourself.