[Phaser 3] In Extinction - web/mobile game

In Extinction is a game about bees, that are supposed to pollinate transgenic plants and can sometimes pick on pesticide bombs. (I know it doesn’t make sense, but it’s fun!). It is done with phaser3 and uses the matterjs physics engine. Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really enjoyed this, great job with the game.

Particularly, the music and sounds add a lot to the feel of the game. The multi-bee mechanic is awesome, as well as growing the number of bees you unleash per turn as you progress. Shooting at a good angle and having a hundred bees bouncing around all over the place was quite satisfying :smile:

As far as constructive feedback, I was a bit confused with the slow bee build up mechanic. You seem to charge them up over time after releasing each shot, but from what I could tell it was the only time based mechanic in the game, which means that the pressure and decisions it could have forced on me as the player were lost. One solution might be to advance the enemies forward every X number of seconds, which would help build that pressure and force action/create tense moments.

I got to level 88 on my first try, but it took a long time to get there. When I lost, I couldn’t justify starting another game to try to beat my score because of that time investment I knew it was going to require. In my opinion, ramping up the difficulty curve exponentially could actually help increase your retention. This might be done with the time based enemy advancement I mentioned previously. Maybe change the background as people progress as well, to give them some sense of change and forward momentum.

All in all you’ve done an excellent job here, I may go back and give it another go soon!

1 Like

Hi pyxld_kris. Thank you for the great advices!! I am glad you enjoyed it. We may launch a android version with more features.and improved gameplay

Let me know if you do, I’d love to try it out!