[Phaser 3] Teddy's Crew

PLAY HERE

I’ve posted on itch.io my second game, Teddy’s Crew.
You’re a bear and you fight fishes ╲ʕ·ᴥ· ╲ʔ
Please let me know what you think, I’d love to hear any feedback about it.

It’s an endless arcade type of game. Originally I had so many plans
for it and I was really into making it something bigger.

Due to personal reason I got burned out and scoped it down.

There’s an executable for each platform, but it’s also playable in browser. Though it’s 6-7Mb
so I don’t know how slow it might be to load in browser.

There’s a dev-log playlist where you can see earlier builds and progress

It’s been a lot of fun working on this, and I believe I also learned a lot through this.
Life being in the way was unfortunate but I try to keep this as a positive experience.

Cheers

Update: Found a storage bug, removed that bad boi. Should not happen again.

2 Likes

I got :frowning:

Uncaught DOMException: Failed to read the ‘sessionStorage’ property from ‘Window’: Access is denied for this document.

This feels like a classic Flash game - simple, intuitive to play, and quite fun. From a game design standpoint, I think it’s a very flexible concept that could be taken much further if you come back to it in the future. The effects are just on point and make the gameplay feel lively without being distracting. Overall, you’ve done a very good job with this!

My one complaint is how the fire attack is handled. Using it is covered by the instructions, but it’s hard to tell when it recharges; I missed the “Skill Restored” text the first few times I used it. Perhaps use a progress bar as the combo does? At times, the enemies also obscured my character and I couldn’t tell where he was, but that was probably just because of my lack of experience.

The game runs just fine for me in a browser. I haven’t looked at any of the assets, but you probably don’t need to spend too much time optimizing anything if you don’t plan on adding more content.

My highest score after playing for about 10 minutes

I’ll have a look, it seems storage is used indirectly somewhere.
I’ll add a fallback, there’s nothing being “stored” per say so I might
just make sure the game doesn’t use storage at all :0
Thanks for the heads up
Edit: Updated the game, it should not happen anymore :smiley:

Thanks a lot for trying it :smiley:

There’s a fire ability indicator, but it’s really poorly placed right now, I forgot about that. I’ll tweak its placement/size.

I could add some sort of outline to the character, it might do the trick :slight_smile:

Niiiiice :smiley:
Thank you so much for trying the game and the feedback, really appreciate!!

1 Like