Tutorial requests

I think William Clarkson already has such a tutorial on his web site.

A conceptual overview of arcade physics explaining the concepts such as

What is overlap/collide, when are they fired and whats the use case for one over the other
Examples of collisions between different types (Sprite, Tile, Groups)
Examples showing difference that static makes
Examples of what to do in the processing and collide callbacks?
How and when in the processing cycle are they calculated

Stepping through the code can be a bit overwhelming due to process loop and the event callbacks

Something like Google maps please. I would like to see “pinch to zoom” tutorial, or draggable map with zoom in/out . I cannot find it anywhere.

I would like to zoom in/out maps containing clickable objects (cities or countries for example).

I won’t link it in the top post because it’s not a tutorial (and it would be a bit much in terms of self-promotion), but the game I’m working on features something a little bit like that at the moment (the map used to be draggable, now it moves based on clicks but the associated logic is very similar, and there are three level of zooms to which the elements of the map adjust; they are not clickable but hoverable). The client-side code is really not made to be understood by other people, but who knows, it may help you anyway. Here is a link to a recent dev log where I talk a bit about the world map (the fog of war feature in particular), which contains a link to the latest version of the game.

I may be wrong but any tutorial is fine as long as it is comprehensive…
I gave up phaser 3 a year ago, came back recently and its better but still lacking documentation to be productive, I would like inventory tutorial, any RPG, and maybe shooters, and also how to pop up window over scene etx and also a theory of building a more complex game with classes if that makes sense.
Some of the courses I’ve seen are paid courses, but forum seem pretty small though I don’t know if enough interested but I am I consume pretty much anything =)

Any tutorials on tweens on Phaser3 ??

There is a FREE Phaser2 tutorial on tweens and others on Udemy by Michael Leong …

First, thank you for your time and dedication. I know first hand how much time and care goes into making a tutorial.

I am new to the Phaser community and I am interested in creating real-time multiplayer games. I know this can be a challenge and that using websockets for the server/client communication is fraught with limitations.

To this point, I recently came across this paper: http://gafferongames.com/post/why_cant_i_send_udp_packets_from_a_browser/ and thought it would be interesting to create a proof-of-concept using the protocol he defines on his github page: https://github.com/networkprotocol/netcode.io

If it is indeed a viable solution, it may prove quite useful to the community.

In general, I think strategies that enable multiplayer games would be of great value and interest, especially since HTML games, after all, run in a browser, which was intended as a gateway to the web and to me, peer to peer communication is an important part of that experience.

1 Like

Just this past week, I resumed making tutorial videos. My question is, is it frowned upon to share YouTube links here? I’d love to help get some of these questions answered, but also want to be cautious not to veer into shameless self-promotion.

@thosakwe if it addresses a tutorial request, I’d say it’s perfectly fine, written or video :wink:

Can I request a dumbed down version of the “Getting Started” guide? I need something aimed at people who have never used Git, npm, nvm, Apache, PHP, Curl, TypeScript, etc…

I could also use advice on how to stop Win10 Home from treating every piece of source code as a malicious app. Right now it looks like I have to make a mental note to unblock every .zip file before extracting.

I would like to see a tutorial on scene management, and how to manage multiple level scenes in one game. If this already exists please let me know.

I’d love to see a tutorial on setting up phaser to build in parcel with the spine plugin, and with full code-completion for the spine plugin implemented (for this.load.spine, this.add.spine etc).

1 Like

Data management tutorial.
It would also be REALLY helpful for those of us learning if you could add more comments to the Example files.

1 Like

I’m using data manager in sliding puzzle tutorial. Research the JS in the demos content.

Does anyone know how to use arcade physics to create an animated “spring” sprite that works like the ones in Sonic the Hedgehog?

Use Spine. http://esotericsoftware.com/

Thank you, but that does not help. I prefer doing it in code.

I just want a really Beginner friendly tutorial
All video tutorials i see are either no voice, badly recorded voice or rush through it
i would just like to see a tutorials that really breaks down everything

instead of, “we need physics so we choosing arcade because its the best”…
WHY? is it the best what does it do?

2 Likes