Cannabijoy- a game and tutorial website built with Phaser 3

I would like to share a website I built with Phaser 3. I believe Phaser is going to change the way we interact with online content, and I would love to play a part in that change. Here is the website:

https://cannabijoy.com/

Although I have a desktop version, I recommend you check it out on your smartphone. The entire website was built on my phone, so mobile browsers will get most of the attention. In fact, the only time I’ve used a PC is to make sure my code is working.

The mini games are built to show off the capability of Phaser, but I’m currently working on a platform puzzler with my slingshot character. I do believe these are the first games built with Phaser that utilize a slingshot, and if my website becomes successful, I hope one day to teach the functionality in my tutorials. For now I’m trying to establish myself as a programmer, because I don’t actually work in this field.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for checking it out!

Hi Cannabijoy,

I’ve just tried your game on chrome desktop (windows 10) and got this error (I know its more of a mobile game but thought i’d let you know). I think it happened when trying to let go of the slingshot and another ball spawning but it happened quite fast so I’m not 100% sure what caused it.

Also wanted to say your website is very cool, I really liked the idea of using the slingshot to select a link!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for playing and letting me know! I’ve had a lot of issues with the desktop version, but I haven’t used a PC other than to make sure it’s working. I think I found the problem though. It looks like if you quickly turn around before a new rock appears, the game glitches and there is a rock on both sides of the character. Is this what happened when you were playing?

1 Like

the game glitches and there is a rock on both sides of the character. Is this what happened when you were playing?

Yes thinking about it, that was what was happening. I would turn the character to quickly trying to get another shot off then another rock would appear and then the error messaged appeared.
Overall though I think its great and you should keep at it, the fact you did all this on a phone is even more impressive! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know exactly what’s happening, but fixing it is not going to be so easy lol. This helps out a lot! I’m glad you like it. If you get a chance, check it out on a phone. There’s another game that I haven’t made available for desktop yet. Thanks for the encouragement.

1 Like

Hey retroVX, I fixed the bug and the game is much easier to play now. I’d love to know what you think about it. Thank you so much for playing and helping me out!