Resist- my final attempt to make this game fun

I’ve been working very hard to take all the feedback I’ve recieved to make Resist both fun and simple to learn, and I feel confident that my game is finally good.

Resist is a slingshot game I built with Phaser 3. You’re a boy in a field surrounded by creepy Illuminati puppet things, and you have to use your slingshot to send their body parts flying.

The controls are very simple. Just pull the rock back and let go. The rock will automatically reload and the boy will turn whichever direction he needs to. The game works best on mobile devices because it was built entirely on my smartphone.

Mobile (includes portrait and landscape mode):

https://cannabijoy.com/games.html

Desktop:

https://cannabijoy.com/gamesDesktop.html

I would love to know what you think about it. Thanks for playing!

Fun little game, it’s quite satisfying shooting their creepy heads off, haha.

Ran into a little bug on the desktop version though:

1 Like

Thanks for trying it out! I’m glad you like it. Yes I’m still trying to fix that. The problem only happens if you turn before the rock reloads. On the mobile version, I have the button disappear so that it only happens if you hold your finger down the entire time the rock is flying. However, I’m not sure how to remove the keyboard input for a few seconds and recreate it after the rock reloads. I’m sure I’ll figure it out eventually.

Hey Jake, I fixed the game and it’s much easier to play. If you have the time, I’d love to know what you think about it. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey Cannabijoy, the ease of use is nice, although it may be too easy now. (You know what direction the monsters are coming from before they are on the screen, so you can just pull and release all willy-nilly like.)

I also encountered the same error as before. For some reason there was an extra bullet on the screen and when I pulled back the slingshot I got the error again:

Keep at it, it’s coming along nicely.

1 Like

I think I got the bug fixed. I also made a few other changes, like a flying bird you can shoot. I haven’t been able to break it yet, but usually it takes one other person to touch it and everything falls apart lol.

Hey. There is a bug, I guess.
“New users cannot attach files”.
Video with a bug was uploaded, you have 7 days to get it.
https://fex.net/s/ztlsbkp

And sometimes, I can kill it, but that’s so close, and the games comes to its end, but I didn’t get that “dead” head.

1 Like

Great looking game! Good work.

1 Like

Hey thanks for putting that together! I was able to reproduce this, but I’m not sure what’s going on yet. It seems to only happen after hitting the retry button a few times. That and the “dead head” thing might have something to do with a bug I read about in Matter.js, because the enemy moves pretty fast sometimes. But hey, thanks for playing! I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you I’m glad you like it! If you don’t mind me asking, did you play on a phone or PC?